EndoGoddess

EndoGoddess

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pinterest and Health?


If you don't know what Pinterest is? You are in for a very special treat. Think of Pinterest as a beautiful digital corkboard that lets you "pin" your favorites online, whether it's a website, picture, video, or link. It's a great way to collect design inspiration for healthy meals or to gather recipes in one place with a lot of visual cues. And because it's a social site, you also see what other people are pinning and share your own. Here is a screen shot of one of the boards on my profile:





All you do is download the PinIt icon to your favorites toolbar and whenever you come across anything you especially like, you PinIt and it gets logged into your account. No copying links and emailing them, no saving JPEGS. Sooo easy. With the app you're able to access your's and everyone else's pins from your iOS device. If you're out on the town and want a recommendation for a great steak, check out a friend's pins labeled "eating."



I think the pinterest platform provides a great opportunity for mobile health entrepreneurs, particularly in engaging healthy eating behaviors. I personally have found myself EXCITED to try cooking new healthy pinterest recipes in a way that I have not experienced before. What are your thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. Love the recipe idea! Will add a board as I have a series of health recipes which I use over and over: garlicky quinoa, greek barley salad etc.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Rajka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Can even use your ipad as a cookbook when you have the recipes bookmarked on pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so entirely under utilize my iPhone. This sounds like a great app and I love anything that enables people to eat healthy whole foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, I agree that it has alot of promise for advocating effectively for integrating healthy whole foods into our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see where you linked your pinterest pinboards. Would love to follow you for health tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will give both of you moral support and will greatly increase your chances for successfully losing extra pounds. See post

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to me that, humanity is losing faith on pursuing total health. We have been cowed by numerous health challenges to the point where, we are instead studying how to function in abnormalities.
    Health is wealth

    ReplyDelete