EndoGoddess

EndoGoddess

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mobile Expectations



I am often asked what the drive behind mobile health is and for me 'wouldn't it be nice if there was a pancreas app?' is that drive. Until there is a cure for diabetes, I feel that as an endocrinologist my job is to make diabetes easier. Any app that makes life easier is a win. Expectations for such apps are increasing everyday that there are new apps which integrate into our lives such as this app by Craftsman Garage Door (I have absolutely no financial relationships with Craftsman, am just a fan):




The app seeks to answer the daily question 'did I remember to close the garage door?' and then allows you to make an action on that answer. Products like this that integrate into our lives quickly become a part of the fabric of our lives thereby leading us to ask how we ever lived without it. This then leads to growing expectations for such impact in our daily medical care. I believe that it is this progress that it is driving the expectations for mobile health. Apps that integrate into the fabric of our healthcare lives...the expectations are growing everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awesome! So many times have i asked myself that very question :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete